Wednesday, March 9, 2011

It's not about what you give up...

but it's about what makes you feel like you're wandering in the desert.

Lent, for those who don't know, is the time when Jesus is remembered for walking in the desert in preparation for his work for God. He fasted and prayed for 40 days in order to prepare himself fully. He only relied on God and what God had to say and whenever He was faced with temptation, He would reply, "It is written."

So what is the one thing in your life that you devote more time to than God? What, if you gave it up, would teach you a great deal of self-discipline? For me - that's Facebook. I loveee getting on Facebook and seeing what others are up to - what's going on at home and getting captured in pictures and writings from all of my friends. That's not what I should be doing - I should be spending more of my time getting captured in the writings and pictures of God. For the next 40 days I'm going to be absent from Facebook - challenge? YES!

So - since I'm abroad and you can't reach me on my normal cell phone number... here are a few ways to get in touch with me / send me information / say HI if you'd like to and don't know how to contact me other than via facebook:

snail mail:
Anna Lauren Meeks / USAC
Edificio Germán Bernácer
Universidad de Alicante
03690, San Vicente del Raspeigh
Alicante, Spain

email: ALMeeks@clemson.edu
Spain number: +34674650935
Skype: annalaurenmeeks
Whatsapp: +34674650935


I also think that giving up the time Facebook consumes... I'll have more time to blog and therefore can finally CATCH UP! No there won't be as many pictures as facebook would allow, but you can deal with a few less, right?

Have a great ash Wednesday, y'all! And remember the true meaning for lent...

Sincerely,
On a journey

No comments: