Thursday, January 6, 2011

Pre-departure Nerves

So... I wasn't nervous before Ecuador... nor any of my other trips I've been on; but Spain, this is different. I'm going to be living in a different country for SIX months... not one (January 14 - June 3). I'm going to be going to school there and having to deal with situations and experiences I've never had before - in a different language, might I add. What if I mess up with translations and I get completely confused while dealing with something important? What if I get lost in the city and can't find my way somewhere that I'm supposed to be? Well... my nerves are screaming at me right now.

I have yet to pack... haha surprise? Nope! I have no idea as to even what to pack... Lauren Berkey - I need your help :) I do have one little pile but I guess I'll be doing that tomorrow and over the next eight days. I leave on the 14th of January to fly to Charlotte, Philadelphia and then finally Madrid where MaryAnn Lander (my roommate and plane mate) and I will stay with her family and then drive to Alicante on January 15th.

Bags are monogrammed by Cathy Longoria
She does amazing work!!


I will MOST LIKELY be homesick for a while somewhere in there... so I'm leaving my postal address in Spain juusssttt in case anyone decides they want to send some love.

address:
Anna Lauren Meeks / USAC
Edificio Torre de Control
Universidad de Alicante
03690 San Vicente del Raspeig
Alicante
Spain

my goals for this trip:
  • become fluent in Spanish
  • get good grades to transfer back to Clemson
  • LEARN THINGS
  • Experience Europe like never before
  • Travel a lot
  • annnddd successfully keep a blog -- unlike my failed attempt with Ecuador

Sincerely,
Tired and Exhausted

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I am so excited for you!
Carolyn